Friday, June 29, 2012

Chocolate-chip cookie dough truffle pops!


Cake pops are so hot right now it seemed only natural I give them a go. It's only been a few months worth of dreaming about them and wondering what excuse I might have to make some. Then a delightful double banger of an excuse popped  into my Facebook inbox: Baking Our Blues Away.

Not only would I get to finally make some pops, but I get to make them for someone else and hopefully make their day! How could I refuse? Challenge accepted.

I chose to make the pops for the beautiful, caring and passionate teachers at my boys Day Care. Even though I don't think any of them are technically "blue" it seems like a very thankless job - taking care of other people's children all day. Which seems like a ridiculous concept, but it's very easy to have tunnel vision when it comes to your kids. I know I'm guilty of forgetting what their teachers do each day and thanking them regularly. I will remember to do so more often from now on.

  
 To the pops!

The chocolate-chip cookie dough truffle recipe (sans egg for eating raw) was courtesy of Bakerella. I spotted it on Pinterest, where I find most of my mouthwatering cooking temptations. This one actually came to fruition a lot quicker than most! Simple recipe. Totally fun to make. Absolutely delicious! Teachers at day care, you are very lucky I didn't eat them all! Plus I had to smuggle them out of the house quick smart or I would have had cookie-dough-flavoured-chocolate-covered-kidlets (and husband).

Since I am not a cook. I won't go into the details and how-to's. (Bakerella does a fine job of that anyway.) I will simply note a couple things that made my pop experience work (or could work better).
  • Make extras. As I mentioned above I was very tempted to eat as I worked, which would have resulted in minimal produce.
  • Make them out of sight of children and husbands, or any other strays in your house at the time for fear of the same result as above.
  • I made them a couple days in advance and they kept fine in the fridge. Hidden.
  • Plain sticks look much better than coloured. But I didn't have any, hence the coloured sticks.
  • Little celo baggies and ribbon turn them into very cute individual gifts. Perfect for this situation.


Hope you try your hand at making some pops, they are the bomb!


No comments:

Post a Comment